1.3 Political Campaign

Participants:
Charmaine McLean,
Bjørn Asger Løvefod,
Tobias Heide
& Mikkel Julian Petersen.

Time period:
Oct. 9th - Nov. 6th 2016

Software used:

Assignment

For this assignment we were tasked with choosing presidential candidate, analysing the swing-state Ohio in and attempt at creating a campaign that would appeal to most of the potential voters in the country. Products for this campaign included a solid communication model based on our findings, an HTML5 website to function as a promotional platform and an animated ad banner, that had clear coherence between the visuals and the chosen communication approach based on our findings. In addition to this we were also to create a report in which we documented our findings, approaches and design choices.

Material given:
Project-Assignment

In order to make sure that we didn't let our own political afflictions affect the outcome of our project, we decided to pick candidate through simple coin toss. We went with Hillary Clinton from there and immediatly started our planning phase, after a brief research period of a few days, we decided on certain areas of interest for campaign, this included: Womens issues, a fair tax system and better health care. This lead to a longer research period where we split up into seperate sub groups in which we each had a topic to look in to. As soon as we had our overarching facts down, half of the group started work on creating the report and fleshing out the communication model, the other half started working on the visuals, herein: moodboards, wireframes and mock-ups. I personally was responsible for the creation of the ad-banner, meaning I had to get acquainted with Edge Animate, which was the designated software for solving this task.

Reflection

During this process I got fairly good at using Edge Animate, as I found that it had a very intuitive setup. While the functions I had to use for the banners weren't that extensive, I would like to try to return to the software to learn more about its more intricate parts. The use of the of Edge Animate also forced me to get acquainted with Dreamweaver, which I was a bit intimidated by at the time, but in due time I have learned that Dreamweaver may be a better alternative to what I was using. If I had to do something over, then I think I would have done more to help out with the website developed for the project in order to assure that there was consistensy between the banner and the website itself. In addition, I think I should have taken greater part in the construction of the communication-model, but I expect that I will get plenty of opportunities to do so in the future.

Material delivered:
Project-Hand-in





Rework

With this project there was some issues with getting the header to work properly. From closer analysis, it became clear that one of the issues was that padding was added to the hover of anchor tags in the navigation, which made the menu content jump upon hover. This was fixed and specified further so that it hover didn't include the site logo as well. Lastly, padding was removed from all list tags in the header, to make the navigation flex properly, and the black text color upon hover was changed to white.